Ladies Running Shoes: Tips And Benefits
Shopping for ladies running shoes can get a little stressful. This is particularly true for anyone who is just starting to get into running/jogging. You want to start things off properly, and you want to wear shoes that are going to provide you with comfort, and perhaps a little nod to your sense of style. Even if you have an idea of what you want in those areas, the sheer volume of possibilities is going to overwhelm you a little. Simply put, there are just tons and tons of running shoes for ladies on the market. You don’t want to waste your time and money on something that isn’t going to do you any favors.
You want to stay comfortable? You want shoes that will prevent injury, knowing in the back of your mind that choosing the wrong running shoes can actually cause an injury. Then you hit the shoe story, or go online, and find yourself with dozens of choices. Running shoes are also heavy on technical benefits, and you may not fully understand all of them. Finding the right pair for your needs can become quite a challenge, and you may not even be able to rely on anyone at the shoe store for help.
Worse yet, new models come out every year. Do you need the latest thing? Are you depriving yourself of key new features in running shoes for women? How much does this technology really change from one year to the next?
All of these are fair, somewhat frustrating questions. Thankfully, we have a few tips to help you find the best possible pair.
The benefits of finding the right ladies running shoes for your needs are numerous. We can talk about those a little later. For now, let’s get into some tips that are certain to at least point you in the right direction:
- How do I find the best running shoe? The first thing to keep in mind is that there is no such thing as a universal running shoe. That is to say that there is no such thing as a running shoe that works for every woman on the planet. Every runner is unique, in terms of how they run, how they stretch, and how they train. Things like foot shapes and biomechanics are going to play significant roles in determining the right purchase. The amount of running you do/plan to do is also worth keeping mind.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment: Even the most experienced runners will tell you that choosing the right running shoes is more of an art than an actual science. In other words, and this is particularly true for newcomers to the world of running, you are going to need to try various models and brands. You aren’t just looking for the best possible fit. You also want to achieve optimal functionality and feel.
- The most expensive/newest? While your search may lead you to a new release from a company like Nike or Reebok, the truth of the matter is that the newest and most expensive shoes (which are usually the same shoes) aren’t inherently your best bet. Try them out. Just keep in mind that buying something just because it costs $600 is probably not a good idea.
- Actual running shoes: This sounds like a commonsense tip. Maybe so, but many people do not appreciate that running shoes are indeed the best shoes for running. Each time your foot hits the ground while you run, you create a shock that amounts to 2.5 times your actual body weight. Running shoes are specifically designed around protecting you from that. Wearing shoes that are not specifically designed for running can lead to injuries and more.
- Learn about your feet: This doesn’t sound like the most appealing thing in the world, but you are going to need to become very acquainted with your feet, before you even start trying on running shoes. Start by figuring out your arches. You have low, high, and then neutral. The neutral arch is the easiest to work with. If you can resist a sales pitch or two, and you don’t want to figure this out on your own, head to a good shoe store. They can help you figure out your arches.
These are just a few of the tips to consider, when it comes to shopping for running shoes for ladies. We cannot overstate the importance of buying not only the right kind of running shoes, but the importance of also buying running shoes to begin with. When you can keep that in mind, you will be in the best position possible to enjoy the benefits of good running shoes.
Ladies running shoes come in so many different possibilities, you will easily be able to find what you are looking for. If you need further convincing that it’s important to buy running shoes, here are some benefits to doing so that are well worth keeping in mind:
- Optimal cushioning: As we mentioned before, only running shoes are going to provide you with the cushioning you need to run safely and correctly.
- Key flexibility: Again, running is a very specific activity. To that end, make sure your shoes are providing you with the flexibility you need in all the right places.
- Stability/motion control: These are common features associated with running shoes for men and women. They aren’t just shoddy marketing terms either.
- Traction: Whether you run along the side of the road, at the local track, or on the treadmill, you are going to need traction. You need something that keeps up with the pace you are planning to maintain on the terrain you are going to be running across.
- Breathability: This is a consideration with all types of shoes. You need a certain kind of breathability for your running shoes.
Those are just a few benefits to making sure you only have the best in running shoes for women.